Discipline is something that we have all experienced personally in different forms, seen used on others, and is also something that many of us will go on to use later in life, both in the form of self-discipline and as something to keep children and even employees in check. It is essential to life as we know it, and we need it in its many different forms in many different situations.
The first reason that discipline is so important is that we all need to exercise self-discipline to be successful in life. Self-discipline can mean very different things to different people; for students, for example, self-discipline is often about motivating yourself and making yourself concentrate on your studies and get your assignments in on time. For working people, it can be as simple as getting up on time every morning, however tired you may be and how much you may hate your job, getting to work on time and doing your job. Without this kind of self-discipline, people would not be able to enjoy academic success, or be successful in their careers either.
Self-discipline is also required for dieters and anyone doing regular exercise, because given the chance, most of us would prefer to be lazy rather than get up and exercise, and eat burgers and fries rather than healthy food. Without it, even more people would be fat and unhealthy, and a lack of self-discipline in some people certainly contributes to the obesity crisis.
Discipline is also something that needs to be used on others where necessary. If parents didn’t discipline their children when they were naughty, children wouldn’t grow up knowing right from wrong, or be able to become productive members of society who contribute to the system. Equally, schoolteachers need to be able to dish out punishments to children who don’t behave themselves. Without discipline in the classroom, there would be a great deal of disruption and nobody would ever learn anything. Indeed, teachers who struggle to command the respect of students and who fail to use discipline effectively will often have trouble even making themselves heard in a classroom.
In the workplace, discipline is also essential to maintaining a hierarchy and dealing with employees who do not follow company policies and procedures, regularly arrive late or not at all, or treat their co-workers unfairly. Then, you have to consider that without discipline, there would be no law enforcement. Murderers would be roaming the streets and everybody would be stealing from each other, because there would be no consequences for their actions.
Discipline acts as a vital deterrent to stop children being naughty, people from missing work, and even potential criminals from stealing and killing, and for this reason it is vital in human society.
This post was most recently updated on January 30th, 2018
Importance of Parents stems from the fact that they are ones who show genuine love.
A person can expect unconditional love only from his mother and father in life.
In most civilized societies, parents take great care in upbringing their children.
They are the ones who help the child overcome his negative attributes and insufficiency.
Parents are aware of importance of education, so they are the first to make the child go to school.
A child with good parenting rarely fails in life. Parents act as the first family of a child till he is married.
In many people’s success, the role of parents is the key. You can even notice many world leaders and philosophers describing the role of their parents in their life.
Parents give many things to their children and are directly involved in child development.
Without parents, it would be very tough for anyone to have a better life.
Importance of parents
1.Unconditional love: Parents are the only people from whom a child can expect unconditional love.
Without them, he is unfulfilled in life. He becomes a loner and faces many hardships in life. Since human is a social animal, just like food and air, love and care are the other elements which are essential. They are the people who share your happiness and sorrow equally. If you weep, they do, and if you laugh, they do.
2. Financial support: Many people have good or sufficient financial assistance only because of parents. This virtue helps them to perceive education and other hobbies without a worry or having to work for making a living. This financial support also puts them ahead in the start up concerning business or position in the companies. Hence many young people in the level of directors or other higher posts in the industry are children of the company founders.
3. Moral support: Parents give moral support to the child in case of failure. During some accident or love failure or divorce, having parents besides is a great boon. They provide immediate moral support and strength to tackle the situation. They are the people whom can console you and put back into life.
Credit: imagery majestic
Hence we can see those kids who do not have parents are a bit depressed in life as they have none to share their sorrow and achievements. Hence parents taking divorce also have a tremendous effect on children. Also, they teach them spirituality, prayer and other aspects needed in life.
4. Family support: Family is an integral part of everyone’s home. The family of any person starts with parents itself. Later on, he gets his spouse and children to live with him. In countries with established family trends, we can notice this. Even parents conduct the marriage of their children. They create awareness and requirement of marriage for life. Further, in many families, they are involved in selecting the suitable groom or bride for the wedding. Even in the initial days of marriage, minor differences in between partners can be solved due to support and suggestions from parents. Hence we see the divorce rate is lower in arranged marriages than in love marriages.
5. Involvement in success: They guide him right direction and makes it easy for him to succeed. They even teach them the value of discipline and relationships. Hence we see many people achieve great things due to godfathers behind. Even George W. Bush, the recent president of America, was the son of senior Bush who was also a president. If one tries to check the personal life stories of successful people, we can realize the extent to which their parents helped them climb the ladder of success.
6. The importance of parent involvement: Educated parents help their children in moving in right direction in their career. They understand the child strengths and weaknesses and guide him on the right path. They also assist the kid in solving his homework and also encouraging extra-curricular skills in him. Hence we can see teachers and schools emphasize on parents role in the education of their children.