Fashion Buyer Cover Letter
If you love to shop, are updated with the latest fashion trends and are always the most stylish persons, then maybe it is the right time that you put your style sense in better use. You should consider becoming a part of the fashion industry. Becoming a fashion buyer is an amazing career path for retail savvy and fashion forward people.
A career in fashion needs you to have a sense of style, interest in style and updated with the various aspects of the industry. Except for this you will also need an exciting cover letter to get you the job interview. Here are some things that you need to consider while writing a fashion buyer cover letter.
- Use names and Customize: The era where generic cover letters were used is gone now. You will have to customize every cover letter that you send out, not only in the content but address it to the hiring manager. Instead of writing "Dear Sir/Madam," find out the name of the desired person
- Speak the right tone and language: Remember that you will have to consider the recipient of your information. If the organization in very conservative or traditional, then you must keep the presentation of your information traditional. However, if the organization is creative, then use creative splash of words or some designing as well
- Explain why you are the best: Over here your selling point should be stating your achievements that match with the companies requirements. Since you have done your research online, you will be able to show your skills and competencies are perfect for the job
- State the reason of writing: Always inform the reader why you are writing, but make sure that you are tactical about it. For replying to the advertised job, name the title, where you came across this ad but do not squander all the information
- Let them know that you admire them: You don't have to gush about the insincere praise when you are explaining why you like to work for that company, but giving intelligent compliments is a must for any cover letter. The company will not believe you until you write a line about the company
Here is an example fashion buyer cover letter, which you can refer to.
Your Contact Information
1635 Hans Lane,
Beverly Hills, CA90201
Mobile: 283-184-3528 E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employer Contact Information
Ms. Paula Ray
2746 Naylor Street,
Date: June 12, 2011
Dear Ms. Ray,
I am writing this application letter for the opening of Fashion Buyer, which was advertised on your website. I am submitting my interest and resume along with letter for your consideration.
I am a bachelor's degree holder from New York University in Fashion Merchandising/Buying and have worked for more than five years for Saks Fifth Avenue Fashion Center. My responsibilities were making buying decisions for the junior line and collaborating with various vendors and internal employees. I had to ensure that we always got the right price, excellent quality, right store location and right product. I have excellent negotiation skills, ability to thrive on constant travel and amazing sense of fashion. I am aware that my skills, achievements and experience will make me the right person for the position, plus I have been a shopper since ages at your store.
Thank you for giving your time and you can contact me anytime for more information and skills that I can bring at your company. You can reach me at 283-184-3528 or e-mail me at email@example.com.
Do not rely completely on the spell checker for checking grammatical mistakes and errors. Ask a friend to read your letter and check for mistakes. Remember that these words are going out on your behalf to the hiring world. If they do not go in the best order, you never get a chance to show what kind of person you are.
Fashion Buyer Cover Letter
Fashion Buyers purchase clothing and fashion accessories from wholesalers and manufacturers while staying current with trends and offering competitive prices. Specific job duties of a Fashion Buyer include: observing consumer buying patterns, maintaining stock levels, reviewing sales performance, forecasting future trends, negotiating contracts with suppliers, identifying new suppliers, attending industry events and fashion shows, analyzing feedback from customers, and reporting to senior retail managers.
Based on our collection of sample cover letters for Fashion Buyer, the most sought-after skills for this job are:
- Business acumen and commercial awareness
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
- Computer competences
- A willingness to take risks
- Self-determination and drive
- Being able to work under pressure
- Deadline sensitivity
Those interested in a Fashion Buyer career can check relevant skills and experience in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Fashion Buyer Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Benner:
With the enclosed resume, I would like to express my strong interest in the Fashion Buyer position you are looking to fill. As an organized and trend-conscious professional with seven years of experience identifying and procuring retail fashion items, I possess comprehensive knowledge and skills that will allow me to contribute toward the success of J&J Apparel.
From evaluating customer demand and researching market trends to developing budgets and complying with store policies, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. Furthermore, I am adept at managing inventories, vendor negotiations, special projects, and general administrative tasks to maximize purchasing efficiency and cost effectiveness. Through my experience, I have become adept in ensuring adherence to store objectives and requirements while ensuring a marketable and on-trend selection of fashion products to meet customer expectations.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Excelling as an Associate Buyer for Spirit Apparel for the past seven years, researching supplies, negotiating competitive contracts, placing orders, tracking inventory, and attending tradeshows to keep abreast of industry standards and trends.
- Piloting strategic negotiations with vendors to drive down costs; consistently achieving up to 12% in cost savings through aggressive competitive pricing tactics.
- Communicating effectively with all levels of staff to ensure top-flight organizational efficiency.
- Demonstrating outstanding networking talents as well as sharp business acumen and an expansive awareness of the fashion / apparel industry.
- Earning a Bachelor’s degree in Retail Management from Burlington State College.
My proven ability to select and purchase high-selling fashion and apparel items to meet customer demand, along with my acute talents in research, analysis, and overall communication, will contribute immensely to the success of your buying team at J&J Apparel.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Renee T. Montes