WJEC have produced an updated (26.03.09) Teachers’ Guide for AS and A Level. I’ve lifted out part of the the section clarifying the spreadsheet work from Unit 1:
The context for the task in 2009/2010 is ‘business modelling’. Care must be taken to ensure an appropriately demanding task is undertaken which addresses the features listed below.
Candidates will be given credit when providing practical evidence from their task to support their answers in the written examination. Candidates should produce a spreadsheet workbook which contains evidence of;
• worksheets showing labels, data, formula
• multiple sheets and the use of 3D referencing between them
• lookup or vlookup or hlookup tables
drop down list boxes
spinners for data entry
logical True or False or Tick Boxes or Option boxes
• startup user interface
• validation techniques and error messages produced
• sorting techniques
• Search for specific criteria
• Control buttons should be used to initiate macros.
• Appropriate use of graphs such as bar or column graphs, line graphs, pie charts, scatter graphs, pictographs
Candidates should be familiar with the following formulas / standard functions:
and should include evidence of at least two formulas or standard functions from list A and two from list B in their workbook.
Candidates should understand and be able to discuss the following;
• Definition of a simulation model.
• Uses of simulation modelling for weather forecasting, car crash analysis and financial forecasting.
• Advantages and disadvantages of using simulation models.
• Issues relating to hardware used for simulation modelling, including parallel and distributed processing.
Page 15 of the Teachers Guidance focuses on the type of questions which could be asked of the Spreadsheet Modelling task and Pages 16 – 22 shows an example of the evidence students should produce. Today in class, we are going to look at this exemplar and check off all the elements which your completed projects should include.
Filed under: AS ICT | Tagged: modelling, Spreadsheets | Leave a comment »
Она девушка Эдуардо, болван. Только тронь ее, и он тебя прикончит. ГЛАВА 56 Мидж Милкен в сердцах выскочила из своего кабинета и уединилась в комнате для заседаний, которая располагалась точно напротив.